Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Jack's Fork River - 2017
Friday, October 13, 2017 to Sunday, October 15, 2017
Jack's Fork of the Current River
October 13-15 Trip Leader: Leanne Logan and AJ
Come one, come all. Join us for some paddling fun October 14 & 15 on the Jack’s Fork of the Current River in part of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. Last year some of our members camped for a week or more at Alley Spring Campground.
Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Closest town is Eminence, MO (http://www.eminencemo.com)
- Camping @ Alley Spring Campground run by the National Park Service. Call ahead if you want a campsite with electricity–there were few electrical sites left last I heard. If you are tent camping, you can just show up as it’s a large campground with lots of options. 573-323-4236 http://www.alleyspring.com
- Paddling plan: Try to arrive by 8 am to start an early shuttle. We will try to launch at 9 am, then enjoy a leisurely paddle Saturday 9-2 on this Class I river approximately 6 river miles. The weather in October can be cooler, so be prepared for a possible chilly river day wearing multiple layers. Some may paddle Friday and/or Sunday additionally.
- Check out the annual Ozark Scenic Riverways Arts and Crafts Show where craftsmen & women sell their one-of-a-kind wares with demonstrations, food, and live music. Bring cash for gifts, goodies and food treats. Located at Circle B Campground on the banks of the river.
- Share a dish at the annual potluck Saturday night -- 5:30 PM happy hour & 6:00 PM great eats.
- Visit Alley Spring and tour the 100 year old grist mill, one of the Ozarks’ most famous landmarks located six miles west of Eminence, Missouri, on State Highway 106 just across the river from our campground.
Come on out and enjoy the fall colors, the local wildlife, and the good camaraderie. This trip is enjoyed by newcomers, old timers, and 3-4 generations on this fun-filled fall getaway. Contact Leanne Logan for further details.